Saturday, July 10, 2010

Background

Here's the reason why I started to try triathlon for my 60th birthday
When I visited my good old friend's house, it turned out to be the same day as Triathlon day(http://www.triathlonbrasschaat.be) which the family and their daughters' boyfriends were participating. Being considerate, they didn't mention this to me.

The day before the triathlon, in order to prepare their final body adjustments, they went swimming in the lake and I ended up joining them. Then naturally they invited me to join the next year's triathlon! I took it as a joke and laughed it away (at that time).

My sport ability
Swimming: I can swim about 100 meters with front crawl. I have been swimming once a week to maintain my health. 

Cycling: I have a road racer. Long time ago, my friend invited me to join the International Challenge Cycling and I took part with my son. I haven't been riding bicycles for about 15 years...!

Marathon: Again around 15 years ago, when my daughter came back home after graduating university, we ran together and after running for about 100 meters, I was completely out of breath and I was truly disappointed. I also ran following days but lasted only 3 days.

In short, I haven't been doing much exercise apart from swimming. Since it was my good old friend who invited me to join the triathlon, who also looked after me very well during their busy times, I managed to say I'll give it a try and flew back home (June 27th).

This was the reason why I've decided to try a triathlon (750m swimming, 20km cycling and 5km running)...!

No comments:

Post a Comment